Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
LAST DATE: 31-10-2008
Applications are invited from Indian nationals on plain paper in the format given below for the award of about 5 – 7 Israeli Government Scholarship tenable from October 2009 to study at an Israeli University or any Institution of higher education in Israel. These scholarships are for research/specialization for 8 months (One academic year) and would be available for studies in the following subjects:
i) Comparative Study of Religions (With specific reference to Judaism)
ii) Middle East Studies
iii) Hebrew language and literature
iv) History of the Jewish people
x) Business Management
xi) Mass Communication
xii) Environment Studies.
2. Age: There is no upper age limit for applying for this scholarship.
3. Qualification: (1) For the research/specialization studies, a Masters degree with 60% or more marks as on 31-10-2008 for the subject of Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, Nano-Biology & Environment Studies and Masters degree with 55% or more marks for the remaining subjects. Proof of English or Hebrew Language knowledge is must. The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University that he/she applies to.
4. Value of Scholarship:
Terms and conditions of the scholarship will change every year according to the yearly budget.
The scholarship could be partial, or in rare cases full.
Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR
Monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only). Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance and health insurance.
Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel are the applicant's responsibility.
Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Ministry.
Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Ministry only.
5. Submission of application:
Application should include following:
i) Dully filled application form.
ii) Detailed letter describing the field the applicant intends to study in Israel, specifying the University he/she wishes to attend.
iii) Curriculum Viatae
iv) Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities or the Israeli supervisor (in the case of a research or Post Doctorate)
v) Official original academic records (or notarized copies) of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including a transcript of the student's records.
vi) At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidates.
vii) Attested Photocopies of all degree/certificates including the certificate indicating date of birth.
7. Last Date for submission of application:
1. Candidates who are awaiting the results need not apply if the results have not been declared by 31-10-2008.
2. Equivalent foreign degree will be considered.
3. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 20-10-2008. Applications of candidates, who are abroad will not be considered.
4. Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of Israel and India.
5. Applications in subject-fields, other than those prescribed, will not be considered. A candidate can apply only in one subject.
6. Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers with “ No Objection Certificate”. However, an advance application can be submitted with the understanding that the application through employer should reach before the date of interview. Otherwise candidates will not be allowed to appear for interview. Advance application must be complete in all respects.
7. Candidates must attach with the application a description in at least 500 words of his project/proposal of study/research to be undertaken in Israel.
8. In case no interview letter is received by a candidate, who applied in response to the advertisement by last week of November 2008, it may be presumed that he/she has not been short listed for interview. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
9. Applications, which are incomplete or unsigned, will not be considered.
10. Canvassing in any from will disqualify the candidature of the applicants.
11. While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates.
12. As these scholarships are offered by foreign Govts, the applications should be submitted in English only.
13. Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
14. THE DECISION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL BE FINAL. NO REPRESENTATION IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
15. The final Selection of the nominated candidates rests with THE GOVERNMENT of Israel.
16. Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to limited number of candidates after their applications are examined by the committee of experts.
17. The applicants who are in employment to which they wish to return should have an assurance that if their nomination is successful, they will be granted sufficient leave of absence.
FORMAT OF APPLICATION click here
Online Submission of Application Form
This Application can also be submitted on-line and the last date and time for submission of online application would be 5.30 PM on 31.10.2008. For on-line submission of application, attested photograph and documents as required above may be submitted after short listing of the applicants and on receipt of such a communication along with the registration no received on line from this Department. Immediately after successful submission of application on line the registration number is displayed on the screen. The on-line application form is a generic form and intending applicants should ignore the columns which are not mentioned in the format above. Any clarification on on-line submission of application may be sought by e-mail at email@example.com.
Their past experience has shown that sometimes due to network conditions and PC environment at the client’s end applicants are not able to submit online application and it has caused inconveniences to intending applicants. This Department does not take any responsibility in such eventualities. On line applications may be accepted provided hard copy of the application alongwith enclosures (attested copies of certificates, marks-sheets etc.) reach the Ministry by 06-11-2008.
Please click here for online submission of application